A while ago, I introduced you to this magical sauce. Since then, I have been using every excuse, and I really mean every excuse, to eat it. I slather it on toast, use it as a dip for veggies, and like a normal person would, I also eat it on pasta.
Major food crush happening.
With this Vegan Vodka Sauce ever on my mind, I devised this recipe as another vehicle for the good stuff (you can only rotate toast, veggies, and pasta for so long). These Sweet Potato Quinoa Croquettes are crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, and flavorful in a subtle yet stomach-hugging sort of way.
Now…. croquettes you ask? Yes, I say. Just yes. Trust me on this one. They are like cakes or burgers, but smaller. They are so much easier to make, impossibly cute, and who doesn’t like finger food? I don’t see any hands raised.
All you need to make these satisfying bites are 8 simple ingredients and a batch of my Vegan Vodka sauce. Technically speaking the sauce is optional, but its highly, highly recommended. Once all the ingredients are assembled, this recipe requires just two steps. Yep, that’s right. Two steps until you are popping these delightful bites into your mouth right off the sheet pan. Or is that just me?
- 2 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- ¼ cup all purpose gluten-free flour (I used this blend)
- ¼ cup minced parsley
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- ¼ cup diced celery
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a sheet tray with non stick cooking spray.
- Mix together all of the ingredients. Form the mixture into round croquettes, about 1 inch in diameter. Line up on the sheet tray, leaving a small amount of space between the croquettes so that they don’t touch while baking. Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour. Remove and serve.