This simple recipe couldn’t be easier! I like to switch up the root vegetable in this mash each time in order to get in a wider variety of nutrients! Root vegetables contain prebiotic fiber that help feed our gut bacteria for a healthy digestive system.
- 4 cups cubed root vegetables (all 1 root veggie or a mix of 2)
- A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the cubed veggies into a steamer basket and steam until very tender, about 20-25 minutes.
- Place in a bowl and mash well. Top with oil, salt and pepper.
- I like to use squash, celery root, sweet potatoes, purple potatoes (may be a trigger for some people with Crohn’s), carrots, parsnips, or turnips in this recipe. There are so many amazing root vegetables out there. Experiment and find what you like best!