This Chocolate Brownie Batter Hummus is the perfect healthy chocolate treat! It requires just 5 everyday ingredients and can be made in 10 minutes.
It is a strange world that we live in.
A place where chocolate + cooked beans + maple syrup + olive oil, wizzed up in the food processor until not a single ingredient is recognizable somehow turns into something edible. And not just edible, but good, delicious, crave-able, and amazing.
This Chocolate Brownie Batter Hummus defies all the laws of good cooking and turns into one of the most delicious decadent chocolate-y things ever eaten.
In addition to blowing away the laws of taste, this dip also defies the laws of health. It is smooth, rich, deeply chocolate-y, and yet so healthy! We use just five healthy whole-food ingredients to make this luscious spread. It is full of fiber from the beans, antioxidants from the cacao powder, and is naturally sweetened with maple syrup.
Plus, this Chocolate Brownie Batter Hummus is easy. 10 minutes easy.
Throw everything into a food processor, let it do the work. You have your Chocolate Brownie Batter Hummus at literally the touch of a button. Or a lever, depending on your food processor.
Then if you manage not to eat it all right after making it, you can store it in the fridge for those times when your chocolate craving hits. Aka every.single.day if you’re me.
Now that it is February, we are allowed to eat all the chocolate, right? Because Valentine’s Day says so.
This dip would be the perfect pre-dinner Valentine’s Day app or a fantastic smear atop pancakes when serving breakfast to your sweetie.
But there are many many other ways to enjoy this Chocolate Brownie Batter Hummus each and every day.
Here are the notable ways I have been loving this Chocolate Brownie Batter Hummus:
- As a smear on toast for breakfast. Top with banana and strawberries for bonus points.
- As a substitute for peanut butter in a PB&J. Chocolate Brownie Batter Hummus & Jelly is the new rage, lemmetellyou.
- As a dip for fruit. Think apples, strawberries, banana, etc.
- And, straight off of a spoon, because sometimes you just need #chocolate.
Basically, use this Chocolate Brownie Batter Hummus anywhere that would benefit from a dose of chocolate.
So basically, on everything.
Loving this strange Chocolate Brownie Batter Hummus world we live in.
This Chocolate Brownie Batter Hummus is the perfect healthy chocolate treat! It requires just 5 everyday ingredients and can be made in 10 minutes with one simple step.
- 1 15 oz. can garbanzo beans, (drained)
- 4 tablespoons coconut milk, (from a can or a carton)
- 5 tablespoons raw cacao powder ((or cocoa powder))
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup, (more or less to taste)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract ((optional))
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Add all the ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary.