This healthy Detox Lentil Soup is jam packed with both nutrients and flavor. A super easy recipe with just two steps, one pot and a simple ingredient list.
The days of lazy pajama lounging, appetizer nibbling, and cocktail sipping holidays have come to a pass and now we are faced with the real life of the grind. We have been back in into the rhythm of working for a while now. Doing things like donning that boss business casual in place of our beloved athlesure and swapping mugs of creamy hot chocolate for food that will get us back on track.
Are you still going strong into 2017? Are you wishing you could crawl back into the holidays? Are you still fixed to your resolutions? Or are you ready for a gentle but forceful push forward, because that post holiday candy stash hidden up high in the kitchen cabinets is REAL and looking oh-so good right now?
Today, let’s make the simplest soup that is sure to keep you riding that healthy train no matter what time of the year it is. It is everything we need in January:
Tasty as in it will keep you on track with your healthy eating declaration because it does not taste like the signature diet-food-cardboard flavor, but is packed with actual good tastes that will make you want to eat more.
And since it is healthy, you can eat as much as you want! You are filling up your body with so many nutrients and tons of fiber that will keep you satiated for hours. Take that holiday candy.
Since we have to continue adulting throughout January, it is also a dish that can be made in a snap with simple ingredients that you can find at any store. This soup has only TWO little steps and easy to procure ingredients. Plus, if you make enough for leftovers, your healthy and tasty lunches are ready to go for the rest of the week, meaning more time for the superbly important adult things like Netflixing and Pinteresting.
See. Soup-er soup.Print
This healthy Detox Lentil Soup is jam packed with both nutrients and flavor. A super easy recipe with just two steps and simple ingredients.
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil OR avocado oil
- 2 carrots, (chopped)
- 2 celery, (chopped)
- 1/2 of a large onion, (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cloves garlic, (grated on a microplane grater)
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups dry French Green lentils, (rinsed)
- 3 leaves bay
- 4 large springs thyme
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add in the carrots, celery, onion, salt, and pepper. Saute until the vegetables are softened and the onions are translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Add in the garlic and sauté for another 30 seconds.
- Add in broth, lentils, bay leaves, and thyme. Bring to a simmer and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from the heat and add in the parsley. Serve.