Easy Vegan Butter requires just 5 minutes of hands on time! The perfect dairy free substitute for baking, cooking, and buttering bread.
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup unsweetened dairy free yogurt
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon liquid sunflower lecithin
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place the cashews in a lidded container and cover them with filtered water. Place them in the fridge overnight to soften. For a quick soak method, cover the cashews with boiling water and led them soak for 1 hour.
- Drain and rinse the soaked cashews. Add them to a high speed blender with the remaining ingredients. Blend until the mixture is completely smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Place your silicone butter mold on a sheet pan and pour the butter into the mold. Use the sheet pan to transfer the butter to the freezer to set up. Once the butter is firm to the touch, about 2 hours. Pop it out of the molds and into a lidded container. If you don’t have a silicone butter mold, pour the butter into a lidded container and place in the fridge.
Store in the fridge for 1 week or the freezer for 6 months. I like to wrap each stick in plastic wrap and keep them in the freezer. I transfer one stick at a time to the fridge for use. This extends the life of the vegan butter and ensures that I always have plenty on hand!