8 ingredient Vegan Fajitas are a healthy weeknight freezer meal that is on the table in minutes! Made in the stove or the crockpot.
These Vegan Fajitas are a weekly staple in our house, and lemme tell you why:
- They are packed with veggies like portobello mushrooms, onions, and bell peppers that soften and caramelize with a handful of spices to really bring out their flavor.
- I usually always have a bag stashed in my freezer which means zero prep work, people. Zero prep. After a long day of work (or a long day of being pregnant if you’re with me), that feels like winning a gold medal at the olympics for the 8th time in a row.
Vegan Fajitas are super versatile and can be made in the crockpot or cooked on the stove in 30 minutes. That means if my pregnancy brain kicks in, or should I say when my pregnancy brain kicks in, it is no problem that I didn’t think about dinner ahead of time. Or if I managed to get this into the crock on time, dinner is really hands off and I get to put my feet up for a few minutes before dinner. Any way you dice it, thats a win.
And these Vegan Fajitas are so versatile that I never have to worry about having special ingredients on hand. You can serve them over rice or you can tuck them into warm tortillas.
Have some avocado on hand? Great addition. Cilantro? Perfect. Hot sauce and salsa? Bring it on. Or serve the Vegan Fajitas as they are and let their flavors really shine.
8 ingredient Vegan Fajitas are a healthy weeknight freezer meal that is on the table in minutes! Made on the stove or in the crockpot.
- 3 portobello mushrooms, sliced into strips
- 3 bell peppers (any color), sliced into strips
- 1 yellow onion, sliced into strips
- 4 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
Freeze the Vegan Fajitas:
- Add all the ingredients into a freezer zip top bag and stash in the freezer until you need a quick and delicious meal.
Cook the Vegan Fajitas on the Stove:
- Place a nonstick pot over medium heat. Add in a drizzle of oil and the contents of the freezer bag. Cover and cook until the veggies have separated and are no longer part of one large frozen block, about 10-15 minutes. Uncover and cook until most of the water has cooked off, about 10 minutes.
Cook the Vegan Fajitas in the Crockpot:
- Drizzle in enough oil to lightly coat the bottom of the crockpot. Add the contents of the freezer bag into the pot. Cook on low for 4-6 hours or until the veggies are tender.