Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread is packed with whole grains, pumpkin spice, and real maple syrup. This easy vegan recipe needs just 6 ingredients and one bowl!
If there was going to be Pumpkin Week, you know there had to be Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread! Soft, moist, infused with pumpkin flavor, perfectly sweet, begging to be slathered in (vegan) butter and savored with a cup of coffee or tea. It is the most pumpkin-y of all the pumpkin recipes, aside from pumpkin pie itself. And unlike pie, it is a perfectly acceptable breakfast food.
And once your loaf of Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread is made, it sits on the counter, as snack-able as ever. It’s always there for you when your pumpkin craving strikes. Which for me is every afternoon right around 3pm.
Having made a lot of gluten free breads in my time, I can say they most all have one thing in common: they are gummy and undercooked in the center. This was the sad fate of many a loaf that I had attempted to make for the blog. Until I stumbled across sorghum flour.
It all happened by sheer necessity. I wanted this bread to be as shareable as possible, and I come from a family where food allergies run rampant. My mom is allergic to oats, so out went my favorite gluten free flour to bake with. My husband is intolerant to brown rice, so I said sayonara to my second draft pick. And we are all gluten free, so wheat was out of the question.
As I rummaged through the pantry in search of any type of flour I could use, my hand landed on sorghum flour. I hadn’t baked with this grain in years. But it turned out the be the best decision we could have made for our Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread. The bread rose well, it baked evenly all the way through, and there wasn’t a gummy bite to be found.
Not only is our Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread the perfect Fall bite, she is also incredibly easy to whip up, which is crucial considering how fast it disappears. You’ll need just 7 pantry ingredients and only one bowl!
Delicious, easy, and healthy Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread. If that’s not winning, I don’t know what is!
Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread is packed with whole grains from sorghum flour, pumpkin spice, real pumpkin, and pure maple syrup. This easy vegan recipe needs just 6 ingredients and one bowl! Naturally sweetened and plant based!
- 1 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 + 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot starch
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a glass loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
- In a second bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir well to combine. Let the batter rest for 10 minutes. This allows the wet ingredients to fully hydrate the gluten free flour and will make the batter thicken slightly.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan. Use a spatula to smooth out the top into an even layer. Bake for 55-65 minutes or until the edges just start to pull away from the pan and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove it from the pan and let it cool completely on a wire rack before serving.