Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies are a 7 ingredient 2 step recipe that can be made in one bowl without turning on the oven. This gluten free and vegan cookie is melt in your mouth good!
Sometimes a girl just needs a cookie. No ifs ands or buts – nothing else will do. No waiting, no twiddling of thumbs, just a good cookie ASAP. But with this summer heat, no air conditioning situation going on strong, who was I to turn on the oven? Even though my dreams were haunted by ooey gooey fresh baked cookie, the temps just wouldn’t give.
So I did what any sensible cookie lover would do. I marched into the kitchen and made myself some cookies. Because love always finds a way. <3
These Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies are my current solution to summer cookie needs. They are fast, easy, and taste like a million bucks.
Now, are you familiar with the Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookie? We in the Northwest call them No Bakes. No adjectives needed, we all know and love the No Bake. But after a hot minute of Google research, there were surprisingly few results. I then learned that the rest of the world refers to these gems as Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies. Is that the real name? Have I been calling my favorite cookie by the wrong name for all these years?
Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies, please forgive me.
Traditional No Bake Cookies contain quite a few suspicious ingredients that we don’t eat a lot of around here. Every single one of my pearly whites is a sweet tooth, but in the name of health, I try and find the healthiest way to indulge in my beloved sugary confections. This Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies is a major win in the land of healthy desserts.
Traditional No Bake Cookies contain butter, a heap of refined sugar, milk, and processed peanut butter that is mixed with some questionable oils and sugar. These cookies avoid all of those ingredients and still taste just like the real deal. Some healthy sweets really sacrifice flavor, but not these Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies. I had to do justice by my all time favorite cookie.
After 5 rounds of recipe testing, I finally found the perfect combination of ingredients for our Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies:
- Dark Chocolate: Lots of chocolate flavor. Need I say more?
- Coconut Butter: This slightly strange ingredient helps our cookies set up and hold together at room temp, without making our cookies taste like coconut in the slightest.
- Maple Syrup & coconut sugar: Healthy sweetness at their finest.
- Peanut butter: Creamy silky peanut butter helps keep our cookies melt in your mouth soft. Plus, PEANUT BUTTER AND CHOCOLATE.
- Oats: Quick oats are the perfect size to soak in all the chocolate peanut butter flavor.
Oh, Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies, I can count the ways I love you. Maybe its the rich and soft cookie exterior? The soft and chocolatey interior. The way they melt in your mouth on a hot summers day. How they give you a burst of sustained energy – not a sugar crash. Win, win, win, win, win.
Since they’re healthy that means we can eat an extra cookie, right? It’s basic food math.
Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies are a 7 ingredient 2 step recipe that can be made in one bowl without turning on the oven. This 10 minute gluten free and vegan cookie is melt in your mouth good!
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/ 2 cup coconut butter
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups gluten free quick oats
- Add the coconut sugar, maple syrup and chocolate chips into a double boiler set to low heat. Stir constantly until the chocolate is melted. Remove from the heat and stir in the coconut butter. Stir until melted. If your coconut butter will not fully melt, transfer back to the heat until melted, being sure to stir constantly. Remove from the heat and stir in the peanut butter, vanilla and salt.
Add in the oats and stir to combine. Use a 2 tablespoon measure to drop cookies onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Let sit until set. Serve.
- Peanut butters can vary drastically between brands. I like a natural peanut butter with no additives, but many of those brands tend to be hard and dry. This recipe needs a drippy peanut butter. I use the Creamy No-Salt Organic Peanut Butter from Trader Joe's.
- During hot temperatures, I recommend storing the cookies in the fridge to keep them fresh.
- In hot temps, our Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies can take a while to set. To set the cookies faster, you can pop them in the fridge.