This Healthy Cookie Butter recipe is an easy 10 minute 2 step recipe! This sweet spread is gluten-free, vegan, and paleo.
It started like all good love stories do, with a first look. That intense eye-lock stare where two people know in that instant that their paths are destined to cross. They can see that they were meant for each other, and that their lives will never be the same without one another.
It was just like that the day I saw him…. the day I locked eyes with this Healthy Cookie Butter.
This Healthy Cookie Butter was inspired by trendy Erewhon Natural Foods. This LA based natural foods store has been in alllllll my insta stories lately. One day, as I watched one of my fave healthy food bloggers unpack her Erewhon haul, I saw this cookie butter spread and I knew, just knew, knew, knew, in that moment, that my foodie life would not ever be complete without it.
But not all of us can live in the land of LA where stores like Erewhon are churning out 100 percent healthy store-made cookie butter. So, I did what every sane foodie would do. I did some reconnaissance. I stalked the spread. I followed the ingredient trail. I observed its every single trait and quality. I managed to locate the exact ingredient list. And then I got my hiney into the kitchen and started mixing.
After a few attempts, our Healthy Cookie Butter turned out like a dream.
The beauty of this cookie butter is that it is sweet, creamy, tastes just like chocolate chip cookie dough and is still healthy! Made only with real food ingredients.
To get your Healthy Cookie Butter party started, you will need some health food store quality ingredients, but have no fear, this entire ingredient list can be ordered on Amazon. The power of the first world. It can bring you to your true love through the internet.
Once you have all of your Healthy Cookie Butter ingredients, this recipe comes together in a snap. It takes a whopping 10 minutes before you can slather this cookie butter on everything. And lemme tell you, I have been doing just that.
Here are a few ways I have been enjoying Healthy Cookie Butter:
(Disclaimer: Doing the research to provide you with this invaluable information was a real chore, but all for the job, all for the job.)
- Toast: What could be better than warm cookie dough spread on more carbs?
- Banana boats: Follow that link. Substitute Healthy Cookie Butter for peanut butter. You will not be disappointed.
- Add a dollop to morning oatmeal. It’s like a cookie butter oatmeal cookie.
- Healthy Cookie Butter milkshake: blend 2 bananas, 1 cup of almond milk, and 2 tablespoons of Healthy Cookie Butter. Top with granola, slurp and repeat.
Get ready to fall in love.
- 1 cup cashew butter
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon pink salt
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- Add all the ingredients, except the cacao nibs, into a food processor and process until everything comes together and is smooth (this may take a while if your coconut butter is solid).
- Stir in the cacao nibs and transfer to a jar for storage. Store at room temperature and eat often.