Are you in a cookie coma yet? I know I am! SO MANY HOLIDAY TREATS. I munched on cookies from my holiday cookie tray. Oh, those Grain-Free Thumbprints… I ate succulent wine poached pears and drank glasses of Zinfandel and Cabernet Franc. Mmmmm…
I love the holidays, and all of the delicious fair it has to offer. I love spending time in the kitchen cooking and baking with my mom and grandma. I love gathering around the table and conversing with family over the seasons best food. But, you know what I also like? Getting back to light healthy food once the holidays are over, and I know I’m not alone.
This kale salad is my current go-to for healthy and delicious eating. It is light and refreshing, yet gives you that pleasant full-but-not-too-full feeling. The dressing is oh, so creamy, yet packed with good for you ingredients. You can eat healthy without feeling deprived. That’s my kind of salad.
- 2 bunches kale , destemmed and torn into bite sized pieces
- 2 pears (I used a red and a bosc), sliced thinly
- 1 cup roughly chopped pecans
- 5 scallions , sliced on a bias
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 recipe Creamy Maple Dressing (recipe follows)
- Combine all of the salad ingredients. Top with dressing and toss to coat. Serve
For a nut-free option, omit the pecans or substitute your seed of choice for some crunch!
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon mellow white miso
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot (about 1/4 of large shallot)
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- Pinch salt
- Add all of the ingredients to a small bowl. Whisk to combine. Store the dressing in the fridge for up to one week.