This Lavender Matcha Latte is infused with lavender for spring flavor! This 10 minute drink couldn’t be any easier to make and you’ll love that it’s naturally sweetened with honey and is also dairy-free.
Matcha, lavender, honey. Lemme tell you about this match made in drink heaven. Its sweet, bright, floral – in a very non potpourri, very good way – and a creamy dreamy way yo start the morning.
My parents had an espresso machine when I was growing up. I used to make myself a latte every morning in high school. I had a stash of paper cups, would jump for joy when I pulled the perfect espresso shot, and turned the top of our fridge into a syrup gallery worthy of a coffee house.
I was coffees biggest fan.
Then this green powder called matcha walked into my life. It was bitter. It was earthy. I was verrrry skeptical, but after learning about the mega health benefits and how to brew the perfect cup at home, I was full on hooked.
I loved the flavor. I loved the color. And I loved the way it made me feel. Matcha gave me less of a caffeine spike and more steady energy. I was had jitters and more focus. I have been drinking a cup of matcha almost daily for years.
My usual morning matcha is closer to this recipe, but with spring in the air, I had the itch to switch up my normal cup in favor of this Lavender Matcha Latte version.
Now, if you think lavender is only for soap, I will be so bold as to say that this Lavender Matcha Latte will change your mind. The lavender adds a soft floral kiss to the earthy matcha in a way that makes my tastebuds jump for joy! Think more hibiscus, rose, or camomile tea (all flowers!) and less like the bar of soap on your counter.
Also! Try this iced! I think there are two people in this world, those who like their drinks hot even in the heat of summer and those who like their drinks iced, even in the cold of winter. I fall in the hot group all year round, but even this hot drink lover can vouch that this Lavender Matcha Latte makes one mean iced drink.
If you’re new to matcha, you amy even want to try this Lavender Matcha Latte iced first. The iced version is a bit more mild in flavor and tames some of the matcha bitter/earthy flavors that can take some getting used to.
- 2 teaspoons dried lavender
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2-3 tablespoons honey more for a sweeter latte
- 2 rounded teaspoons matcha
- 2 cups coconut or almond milk
- Add the dried lavender and boiling water into a bowl and let it steep for 5 minutes. Strain out the lavender and add the honey and matcha to the water and whisk with a bamboo whisk until the matcha is smooth and clump free.
- Heat the milk in a saucepan on the stove until it begins to steam. Remove from the heat and pour into the matcha mixture. Mix well and divide between two cups. Serve topped with extra lavender, if desired.