Peanut Sauce Sweet Potato Noodles are an easy 30-minute weeknight meal. This healthy recipe is packed with flavor and is grain free! The sweet potato noodles are the perfect flavor and texture for the thick and creamy peanut sauce.
These twirlable Peanut Sauce Sweet Potato Noodles are loaded with flavor thanks to our A+ peanut sauce and piles of toppings.
The peanut sauce is nutty, creamy and flavorful thanks to some fresh lime, spicy sriracha, savory sesame oil, and salty soy. It basically tastes like everything good in life.
Then the toppings get scattered. The fresh cilantro and mint plus crunchy peanuts and cabbage are the perfect flavors and textures for the top of this pasta (that isn’t really pasta!).
That’s right. This is pasta that isn’t pasta. I want to tell you that it’s better than pasta, but is it? I don’t know, and I won’t pretend to hold the answers to life’s most important questions.
What I can tell you it that these Peanut Sauce Sweet Potato Noodles are 100% delicious. They aren’t pasta, so let’s not compare them to pasta. They are their own new thing of swirly twirly goodness.
These sweet potato noodles are sweet, flavorful, and a whole-food, one ingredient alternative to pasta. The way their flavors go with the spicy and nutty peanut sauce is a slice straight outta heaven.
The main thing when it comes to these Peanut Sauce Sweet Potato Noodles is not to overcook them. We want nice al dente sweet potato noodles. If you overcook the noods, they basically break down into mashed sweet potatoes with a killer peanut sauce and some broc thrown in for good measure.
As delicious as that is, we are going for Peanut Sauce Sweet Potato Noodles here. So err on the side of undercooking and they will continue to cook even after you take them off the heat.
Pasta that isn’t pasta. Who knew?!Print
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon liquid aminos or tamari
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1-3 teaspoons sriracha (more or less to taste)
- 1 onion (halved and cut into thin strips)
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 2 sweet potatoes (spiralized)
- 1 small head of broccoli (cut into small florets)
- Fresh cilantro
- Chopped peanuts
- A drizzle of sriracha
- Chopped purple cabbage
- In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, lime juice, maple syrup, liquid aminos, sesame oil, garlic and sriracha. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Once the oil is warm, add in the onion and cook until translucent, about 7-10 minutes. Add in the broccoli and cook for another 5 minutes or until the broccoli is crisp tender. Add in the sweet potato noodles and cook, tossing frequently, until the noodles are still slightly crisp, about 5 minutes. Turn down the heat to low and add in the peanut sauce. Toss the sauce with the noodles to coat. Cook until warmed through, about another 2 minutes. Serve with desired toppings.