Vegan Gluten Free Peppermint Mocha Crinkle Cookies have fudgy brownie textured centers and crisp cookie edges! Made with two types of chocolate!
You guys, I had a real Christmas crisis on my hands this week. Reed, my husband confessed two very dire things to me. One, he had never heard of a chocolate crinkle cookie. Two, he told me he does not like peppermint mochas.
In the seconds following this life changing admission, the elves stopped making toys, snowflakes paused midair, and I let out an audible gasp. No crinkle cookies?! No peppermint mochas?! How does one even Christmas without these beloved creature comforts?
So logically, I whipped up a batch of these Peppermint Mocha Crinkle Cookies in hopes that they would set all right again in the world. I am happy to report that the elves are once again working away and snowflakes have started falling again. Reed LOVED these cookies.
If you too haven’t tried a chocolate crinkle cookie, you are in for a treat! These black and white beauties are loaded with rich chocolate flavor and coated in powdered sugar just before baking. As they bake, the cookies begin to crack revealing dark chocolate crevices in the white powdered sugar dusted tops. The result is a stunning Christmas cookie that looks great on any cookie tray.
This type of cookie is great on their own, but I wanted to up the holiday ante and flavor them like my favorite drink, the one, the only, peppermint mocha. We add in some mint extract and instant espresso powder which perfectly complements their deep chocolate flavor.
Peppermint Mocha Crinkle Cookies are made with our Gluten Free Cookie Flour that we saw in yesterday’s post. This flour blend creates soft cookies with crispy edges, perfect for these crinkles. The neutral flavor of the flour blend, let’s our peppermint mocha flavors really shine.
These cookies are also vegan! With a few tweaks, we were able to eliminate the eggs and dairy for a absolutely perfect cookie that anyone who is vegan or dairy-free can enjoy. Plus everyone else, because if you don’t tell them, they’ll never know! All they will be asking is, “can you pass me another cookie?”
Vegan Gluten Free Peppermint Mocha Crinkle Cookies have fudgy brownie textured centers and crisp cookie edges! Made with two types of chocolate! The perfect Christmas cookie recipe idea!
- 1 1/4 cups gluten free cookie flour blend
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 cup plain applesauce
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (melted)
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Grab a large bowl and add in the cookie flour, cacao powder, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Add the oil and sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer (a hand mixer can work too!), and beat until the mixture is well combined and begins to get fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add in the applesauce, melted chocolate, espresso powder, and mint extract. Mix until well combined, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Once the wet mixture is thoroughly mixed, add in half of the dry ingredients and mix on medium-low until there are no streaks of flour present. Scrape down the sides and repeat with the remaining flour.
- Place the dough in the fridge for 1-2 hours to firm up. Once you are ready to bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and place the powdered sugar in a small bowl.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and place them in the powdered sugar. Shake the bowl gently from side to side until the entire cookie is covered in powdered sugar. Place the cookie onto a baking sheet coated with nonstick spray and repeat until all the dough is rolled. Bake for 12-15 minutes and remove from the oven. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve and store any leftover cookies in a lidded container at room temperature.
For the Gluten Free Cookie Flour recipe, click here!
- Serving Size: 0
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 0
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 0
- Cholesterol: 0