This Protein Packed Chunky Monkey Cookie Skillet recipe is full of peanut butter, banana, and chocolate flavor! This gluten free and dairy-free dessert is baked until the edges are golden and the center is like warm cookie dough.
This post is sponsored by Kodiak Cakes. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that support Catching Seeds!
Arm me with a spoon and a Chunky Monkey Cookie Skillet and I cannot be stopped. The flavors of peanut butter and banana baked into a gigantic cookie with golden crispy edges and a molten, gooey, and doughy center, all crowned with melty chocolate chips, the cold contrast of ice cream, and more crunchy peanuts…
Like I said, CANNOT be stopped.
And since I have a sneaky suspicion that this Chunky Monkey Cookie Skillet will have the same powers of persuasion over you, I have a nugget of good news: our cookie skillet is not only gluten-free, but protein-packed, full of whole grains, and borderline GOOD for you!
I won’t say that this Chunky Monkey Cookie Skillet is health food, but I can tell you we use real fruit and coconut sugar to sweeten. Coconut oil keeps it dairy free, and instead of refined flour, we use Kodiak Cakes gluten free pancake mix which is made with 100% whole grain oats.
And thanks to the protein found in whole grains and peanut butter this recipe has a whopping 15 grams of protein per serving.
I have had a major crush on Kodiak Cakes for years. With their pancakes that are healthy and have enough fiber and protein to power you through the morning, who doesn’t?! But it wasn’t until I tried their gluten free pancake and baking mix that I truly fell in love. Not only are their pancakes and waffles easy to make, their mixes are incredible versatile and can be used to make tons of different recipes.
Exhibit A: Protein Packed Chunky Monkey Cookie Skillet.
And if this Protein Packed Chunky Monkey Cookie Skillet wasn’t enough good news for today, here is another sweet one for you! Kodiak Cakes has offered all CS readers 10% their order! Just use code catchingseeds10 at checkout! Whooooohoooo!
This Protein Packed Chunky Monkey Cookie Skillet recipe is full of peanut butter, banana, and chocolate flavor! This gluten free dessert is baked until the edges are golden and the center is like warm cookie dough.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup mashed banana
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 cups Kodiak Cakes Gluten Free Flapjack and Baking mix
- 2/3 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
- Add the coconut oil, peanut butter and coconut sugar to a small saucepan. Heat it over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the peanut butter and coconut oil are melted. Remove from the heat and add in the mashed banana and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- While the peanut butter mixture is melting, whisk the Kodiak Cakes mix, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl. Add in the peanut butter mixture and stir well to combine. Add in the chocolate chips, and stir again. Add the mixture into an 8 inch cast iron skillet, pressing the mixture down into the pan to form a level top. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Top with ice cream, sliced banana, peanuts and extra chocolate chips, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 0
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 0
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 0
- Cholesterol: 0