Pumpkin Spice Cereal Squares are a Fall-lover’s breakfast dream! Made with gluten free flours and naturally sweetened with maple syrup.
It’s PUMPKIN WEEK! A full week of pumpkin filled recipes covering everything from breakfast to dessert. Get ready to pumpkin all the things!
And we are kicking things off with Pumpkin Spice Cereal Squares.
Think: crispy, crunchy, gram cracker-esque squares infused with warming and fragrant pumpkin pie spice that are just waiting to ba added to a bowl, covered in milk, and devoured every for every breakfast of the Fall season. Scratch that. Every breakfast, snack, and post dinner cereal craving of the season.
And who isn’t here for that?!
Grab your almond and brown rice flours, grab your pumpkin pie spice, its time to bake up a batch (or two!) of these Pumpkin Spice Cereal Squares and the recipe couldn’t be simpler.
All you need to do is mix together your wet and dry ingredients. Then roll everything out between two sheets of parchment paper (to keep everything from sticking). Cut it into squares, and off to the oven they go!
The trick to super crisp squares is to let the cereal bake, then turn off the oven and let them continue to cook in the low residual heat. Then let them cool completely before munching to your hearts content. Letting them cool all the way gives them a chance to really crisp up – a cereal essential in my book!
I love a bowl of these Pumpkin Spice Cereal Squares with milk and chopped apples or figs to amp up all the Fall feels. They also make excellent smoothie bowl or yogurt toppers in lieu of granola. And of course, they are perfectly delicious eaten straight off the sheet pan.
Pumpkin Spice Cereal Squares are a Fall-lover's breakfast dream! This recipe is made with gluten free brown rice flour, almond flour, coconut oil, pumpkin pie spice, and naturally sweetened with maple syrup. Enjoy with milk and chopped apples or sliced figs or on top of yogurt and smoothie bowls!
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 2 tablespoons psyllium husks
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice plus more
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together all of the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet into the dry and stir to combine. You may need to knead the dough in order to fully incorporate the wet and the dry. Roll out the dough between two sheets of parchment paper, until it is about 1/8 inch thick. Remove the top sheet of parchment and cut the dough into squares, with a pizza wheel or a knife. Sprinkle the squares with a few shakes of pumpkin pie spice.
- Transfer the dough (still attached to the bottom piece of parchment) onto a cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Shut off the oven, crack the door and leave the cereal squares in the oven for 10-15 more minutes or until the squares are golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cook completely on the cookie sheet. Break apart the squares and store in a zip top bag or lidded container.