Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Dates and Walnuts are a sweet and savory side dish that everyone will love! The sprouts get crispy, the walnuts add crunch, and the dates are sticky and sweet.
The key to irresistible brussels sprouts? A hefty pinch of salt and a good roast in the oven until the edges are crispy and the centers are soft. It brings out all their good of flavors and leaves any funky smells behind.
These Roasted Brussels Sprouts get jazzed up even more with nutty walnuts and sweet dates.
Not only are these Roasted Brussels Sprouts absolutely delicious, but they are a breeze to make.
They require just one bowl, a sheet pan, and just 6 ingredients (plus some oil and salt). Which makes them ideal for Thanksgiving. When the kitchen is bursting with complex recipes, it is great to have an easy back pocket side dish. Heck, its great to have a speedy side in your pocket every night of the week!
Plus, this recipe just keeps on giving. It also happens to be healthy to boot. It is vegan, paleo, gluten free and grain free. The sweet dates and crunchy walnuts jazz up our humble brussels sprouts enough to make picky eaters head back for seconds. Something about that sweet and crunchy combo is just irresistible!
- 6 cups halved brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil + 1 teaspoon (divided)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup chopped medjool dates (from about 4 large dates)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together two tablespoons of the avocado oil, thyme, garlic powder, salt, and cayenne. Add in the halved brussels sprouts and toss until they are coated in the oil. Spread them out, cut side down, on a sheet pan in an even layer. Bake for 20 minutes.
- While the brussels sprouts are baking, add the remaining avocado oil, dates, and walnuts to the bowl. Toss to coat. Once the brussels are done, remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle on the walnuts and dates. Return them to the oven, turn the oven off, and let them cook for 10 more minutes.
- Serving Size: 0
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 0
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 0
- Cholesterol: 0