With only ten ingredients this bowl is quick and easy to throw together. I find it is the perfect lunch. It packs easily, stores well, and keeps me full until dinner yet leaves me feeling light. I will store the grains, roasted veggies, and dressing separately, and then assemble right before packing for work.
- 2 shallots (, sliced into 1/4 inch rings)
- 1 head cauliflower (, cut into florets)
- 1 (8.5) oz. can of artichokes, drained and patted dry
- 3 cups cooked millet
- 1 clove garlic (, minced)
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil (, plus more for roasting)
- 1 teaspoon salt (, plus more for roasting)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (, plus more for roasting)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Toss together the shallots, cauliflower and artichokes with enough olive oil to lightly coat. Season with salt and pepper and spread out on a baking tray. Roast for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Combine the roasted veggies, millet and dressing. Serve warm, cold, or room temperature.