These Sheet Pan Tofu Fajitas are a quick one pan meal. This dinner recipe is packed with flavorful spices and perfectly cooked veggies, plus the tofu adds 13 grams of plant based protein protein per serving!
It is all in the name, friends. These are Sheet Pan Tofu Fajitas, meaning easy Tofu Fajitas. Nearly every step is completed directly on the sheet pans. No skillets to scrub, no large bowls to clean. Nada. Zip. Zero.
The veggies get tossed with the fajita seasonings directly on the pan, and then the pan goes straight into the oven. Dinner is served. This is our ideal weeknight situation, isn’t it? Very little prep work and even less cleanup. Count me in.
Plus, these Tofu Fajitas can be made in about 30ish minutes, depending on how fast we chop our peppers and slice our tofu. It usually takes me around 40 to cook by myself, or right at 30 if I have a second set of hands to help out in the kitchen.
Fajitas are a fan favorite, but what about tofu fajitas? Sounds questionable?
Allow me reassure you. These tofu fajitas are FULL of flavor. We nearly double the spices found in traditional fajitas recipes and instead of using a dry spice mixture, we make a marinade to coat the vegetables and tofu. The marinade really soaks into the tofu which, we thinly sliced into strips to allow for maximum surface area, so that it can soak up every last drop of the sauce.
Bonus flavor points if you marinade the tofu overnight.
We also use a few nontraditional ingredients in the marinade, like tamari and nutritional yeast. These two flavor agents really bump up the umami, or savoriness, of the tofu. They add that extra something that makes this dish extra satisfying.
And there is tequila in the marinade… If that’s not enough to get you to try these babies, I don’t know who you are.Print
These Sheet Pan Tofu Fajitas are a quick one pan meal. This dinner recipe is packed with flavorful spices and perfectly cooked veggies, plus the tofu adds 13 grams of plant based protein protein per serving! This recipe was inspired by this version by Cooking Classy.
For the marinade:
- 1/4 cup freshly orange juice
- 1/4 cup silver tequila
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons liquid aminos
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the rest:
- 20 oz. high protein tofu, (sliced into thin strips)
- 1 large red onion, (sliced pole to pole)
- 5 bell peppers, (sliced, of any color)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the marinade ingredients.
- Line two sheet pans with aluminum foil. Divide the peppers and onions evenly between the two pans, arranging them in a single layer. To each pan add half of the tofu and half of the marinade. Toss to combine, making sure the marinade coats all of the vegetables. Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until the veggies are tender. Serve with tortillas, cilantro leaves, and avocado slices.
For extra flavor, marinade the tofu overnight in the fridge, then proceed with the rest of the recipe.
When slicing your tofu, make sure the strips are thin. My strips are about 1/8th of an inch thick. This allows the tofu to absorb the marinade best.