No bake, creamy, decadent cheesecake swirled with BIG bits of cookie dough. Holy yummers! Are you guys ready to do this? Can you even think of a better dessert?
Do you remember the Healthy Cookie Butter Spread we made a few weeks ago. Is that even a question? If you still have some creamy cookie butter goodness left in your jar, grab it up. If not, may I suggest making some more? You do not do not want to miss out on this Vegan Cookie Dough Cheesecake. We will swirl our cookie butter into this creamy dreamy life-changing dessert.
Lots of cookie dough flavor, lots of cookie dough chunks, lots to love.
You know that little thing where you make a raw cheesecake or slice and accidentally leave it out on the counter too long, because you are the life of the party and are chatting it up with all your friends, and then come back to find your gorgeous dessert melted into a puddle on the counter top? #VeganCheesecakeProbs
One to many of my raw desserts had this sad sad fate. Is it too much to tell you that I sometimes always maybe would kinda spoon it off of the counter and straight into my mouth as I mourned this sad loss?
Then I found this one simple trick that will forever thwart this Dessert Disaster. Your Vegan Cookie Dough Cheesecake will not have to suffer this fate. The solution, use some cacao butter.
Cacao butter sounds foreign, but really it is just the part of chocolate that is left over when they take out the solids to make cacao powder. It is super hard at room temperature, but when melted and combined with the softer ingredients in this Vegan Cookie Dough Cheesecake, it sets the filling to the perfect, slice-able, cheesecake texture.
Also, one more little thing about this Cookie Dough Cheesecake, it is healthy. Like paleo, vegan, and free of refined sugars. Just simple whole foods that you and your body will love.
We can call this Vegan Cookie Dough Cheesecake a healthy recipe because it is sweetened with dates. These dried brown bites can be blended up real good into this cheesecake filling and give it a brown sugar sweetness without any added sugar. Now we have brown sugar cookie dough cheesecake. Can this get any better?
This is also a no-bake recipe. AKA a dessert you can actually make in the summertime without sweating your pants off. Always a plus.
May you find the largest cookie dough chunk.
Vegan Cookie Dough Cheesecake is a two step recipe that yields a healthy(ish) dessert. Big chunks of gluten-free cookie dough and swirled through a sweet and tangy cheesecake filling.
For the cheesecake filling:
- 2 cups raw cashew pieces (soaked in hot water for 1 hour OR room temp water for 4 hours)
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk (from a can)
- 1/2 cup packed pitted dates
- 1/3 cup melted cacao butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cookie butter
For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup packed pitted dates
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons melted cacao butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Add all of the crust ingredients into a food processor fitted with the S blade. Process until the mixture it broken down and holds its shape when pressed. Pour the crust mixture into a 9 inch spring form pan. Press the crust into an even layer. Place in the fridge to chill.
- Drain the cashews and add them into a high speed blender with the coconut milk, dates, cacao butter, maple syrup, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth. Pour the filling mixture over the crust. Using a teaspoon, dollop on bits of the cookie butter spread. Using a dowel or knife, swirl the cookie dough into the cheesecake to evenly distribute it. For looks, dollop more cookie dough onto the top of the cheesecake, if desired. Place in the fridge overnight to firm up. The next morning, slice and serve.
- You can find the cookie butter recipe HERE!